Monday, June 8, 2009

Timberrrrrrr!

My Gram's tree got struck by lightning about a week and a half ago. A few days after that half the tree came tumbling down and crushed her fence. It was a mad dash to find someone to clear up the damage, not to mention costly as all get out. Thankfully, because the tree fell the insurance kicked in and picked up the cost. We all knew something needed to be done when the lightning hit, but insurance wouldn't cover it until it fell and we were quoted from 1.5k-3.5k in clean-up costs. I went over to the house this morning. I missed the larger tree being cut up into pieces but I took pictures of the man all the way up the pine (another tree they decided to cut down to be on the safe side).
The guy in the next picture was really, really high up there. His chainsaw, when not in use, was just dangling from a rope. You couldn't pay me to do this job.
The following picture is one of large branches just freshly cut. They lowered them down using the pully system so they just wouldn't fall from the sky like missiles.
In this next pic you can see the guy in the tree from the front of the house. I took this pic from the front. See how far he was up? Can you say heart-attack city? The guy who runs the business said this man had been in taller trees. >_< This is a picture of the ruined fence. The humongous tree that fell was cleaned up before I could get there and take a picture, but here you can see the missing portion. The guy in this picture is standing in the neighbor's yard. His yard is like a forest compared to Gram's now. Also, I was sorely disappointed that there weren't any studs working with their shirts off. :( Heh, there weren't any studs AT ALL.

The next pic is the big tree they had cut up before I got there. You can tell how wide it was. The piled up trunk was split in half by the time I took these photos.


No comments: