Monday, November 17, 2008

Bad Boys and... music?



I was floundering for a little while on my story Pride Fall. I was writing a really kick ass scene and I just couldn't get on with it. Also one of my protagonists was not talking, I mean I COULD not get the guy to clue me in on his personality. And then I found it;the gem that got me writing again. It turned out to be music. Now I find myself assigning music to my characters so that I can get into their mindset. For Pride I listen to Bad Things, it's the theme song for the popular HBO show True Blood. I also listen to The Man Comes Around and for a softer side I listen to Fastball's Out of My Head. Pride really is turning out to be a hotshot with a bad temper, but he's got a heart of gold even if you have to kick in the tin door to get to it. For Levi who is like the complete opposite of Pride I listen to softer stuff like I Stumble sung by Macy Gray. It really does sum up Levi's feelings towards Pride. I also am fond of Jeff Buckley, OneRepublic (all their stuff) and Bryan Adams when I'm writing Levi. Awe, he's such a sweetie. I hope he is as well loved by the fans as I love him.

No comments: