Friday, April 13, 2007

Love has no place here, we Spartans are not weak. . .


So I went and saw the movie 300 a week ago, and two characters in particular caught my eye. Astinos who is the Captain's son and eldest in his line, he was one of the 300 hundred sent to fight Xerxes army. Sadly, ;__; he was killed by decapitation! AGH! Then there was his friend Stelios who was an exceptional warrior and oh, so cute!!He died at the side of King Leonidas by arrows! I was so pissed off about it even though I KNEW everyone was going to die *sigh*, but anyway the lighthearted banter between the two started the wheels in my head aturning. So i began thinking hey these two have the potential for a much deeper relationship. ALRIGHT! I can do that. Of course m/m relationships in Sparta were ill thought of one of the Spartans even say only the Athenians (their mortal enemies) loved boys. Now there is bound to be some boy action between the Spartans, at the age of seven they are put into military school where for the rest of their life or if they make it to 60 they live exclusively with other men in barracks. COME ON! They don't even raise their children or live with their wives. O_O I know something was going on. So Astinos and Stelios it is. I'm attempting to write their story in 1st POV, with each character taking a turn every chapter. Although this is like the bizillionth thing I'm attempting to do. Oh well, I guess I'll have to put in the extra work to catch up with my other stories as well.

No comments: