Friday, April 25, 2008

Oh, Wow, I Cried


If anyone knows me they know that I am not the type to cry easily. The only time I get sappy are during heart wrenching moments I see in life or on TV. (I can even know its fiction and I'll still cry.)
Yesterday I was browsing youtube to find the video of the young boy who was bullied in school and sang like an angel. Well I found him, and though his performance made my vision blurry I did not cry...until I saw Paul Potts audition. Now here is a regular Joe. He's not handsome, muscular, charming, or any of the things we rom/ero authors love to write about. He is the real deal: awkward, plain of face, humble, slightly overweight, and imperfect as everyone, even those who 'look' perfect are. I think his performance moved me more than anything I've seen all year, because (at least to me) I could see his hunger for what he was doing. That made him handsome. It made him seven feet tall with giant muscles, because he was trembling, and yet he did it anyway. Paul sung Nessun Darma, which I had never heard before. I was not into opera, but after his audition it became an instant favorite. I looked up the translation of this Italian lyrics in the English version and it is perhaps the most romantic words I've ever read. So do yourself a favor and check it out. But remember to keep a tissue handy. I still cry every time I watch it, which has been about a dozen times. *g*

No comments: