Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Remakes from Hades




On Sunday I purchased the old version of"Hairspray", and while I was in the store I started thinking about all remakes going on these days. I'm not sure why Hollywood feels the need to remake old classics. For the most part they were all perfect the first time they were made, and they don't even choose to make over movies that could be improved by our technology advancements. I found three movies in particular which I sincerely dislike the makeovers: "Hairspray", "Annie" and "The Shining". On the other hand some examples of successfully remade movies IMO are "The Parent Trap", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "The Hills Have Eyes". Yeah, I know gory, Lol but I'm an action and horror fan so what can I say? With all the 'fantabolous' books out there that have interesting plots and unforgettable characters I know film makers could do alot better than remakes. I mean if the first was a success, then honestly what is the point?

No comments: