Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No Critique Buddy




I'm so in need of a critique buddy, someone who loves to read and write and has a good sense of what works. I would prefer someone who has published also, but I have no idea how to go about obtaining one. I actually had five critique partners when I wrote the story "All I Want For Christmas", but somehow three of them fell by the wayside. One of the two left turned out to be under eighteen and her mother wrote me an email asking me not to have contact with her daughter. I was soooo embarrassed and a tad bit upset she had lied to me when I made it abundantly clear that I wanted people eighteen and over. I even found her on a website where you have to sign a contract that you are a legal adult. The last critique partner I had just stopped contacting me after the completion of the story. I have to imagine that life finally caught up with him, but it still sucks. So who do I go to to ask opinions about what is and isn't working? Myself of course. When you buy my story it hasn't been screen tested or sliced and diced. The publishers I work for usually have me correct technical errors and thats all, but I wish I had someone to push me to do even better. *sigh*

No comments: