Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Can't Buy Me Love


This is going to be a very, very short rant. What I wanted to mention are the ridiculous prices I am finding now on ebooks. I mean I thought the purpose of ebooks was that it was quicker and cheaper than paperback. It isn't as if publishers have to pay printing companies for ink, paper, and labor. It isn't as if a lumberjack goes out in the great wilderness, cuts down a tree, and hauls it back to mill-land. I don't mind super plus novels edging up there at seven or eight dollars. I mean I might wince a little, but really, its SUPER PLUS! But... I draw the line at purchasing books 100 pages long for $7.99. That is more expensive than a paperback from a newbie author, and trust me these novels are from newbies. I won't mention the companies. They know who they are and I know who they are and if you do some browsing, soon, you'll know too. All I'm saying is I can't stand to pay for it. I'm on a college student budget. I love me some manlovin' but not at that expense.

1 comment:

Ebook Addict said...

I have to agree with you there Sage, I am getting tired of spending paperback prices for ebooks too:-( especially as you say for 100 page or less books it doesn't make an sense to me other then ebook publishers starting to get greedy:-(