Monday, October 13, 2008

Stubborn Blokes

So, I've been inspired to try a new tactic with my characters and writing. Authors always say that their characters 'speak' to them in a sense. Not so for my characters. Stories play out much like a movie in my head, and I get to sit on the sidelines and wait. But... I'm willing to try and talk to these stubborn blokes, if only they would tell me what hot smexiness they desire. Okay, given Pride is a stubborn hunk, I can expect him to be tight-lipped, but come on Levi. You've got to give me something dang-it. So here is my attempt to drag Pride out of the closet, slap Levi down at my interview table and get this baby written. Call me crazy if you like. Pride sure does. Lol :p

SW=Me
PM= Pride McKeon
LK= Levi Keegan


SW: Welcome boys...urm I mean men. Would you like to introduce yourselves?.............HELLO?! Damnit! Get your cute asses over here now. SPEAK!" *twinkles fingers at the reader who is currently shaking his/her head* hehe

PM:* Cocks lovely blond head to the side.* What?

SW: You're supposed to be charming Mr. Man. How in the hell do you expect readers to like your if you're an arse?!

PM: *Wicked grin. Pulls up shirt.*

SW: Oh, dayum. Okay, stop that pretty boy. Since I am the only one who can see you, you don't score any brownie points with the audience. Tell them about yourself. Better yet tell them why you won't co-operate. And...where in the hell is Levi? *dies*

LK: I'm here. I'm here. *jabs thumb at Pride* Its his fault I'm late.

SW: *perks up* Really? What were you guys doing...I mean tell the audience what you look like.

LK: *Frowns* Urm, isn't that your job? You made us up after all.

SW: Yes, yes, I know but its more fun if you do it. Kay? *pleads with eyes for some understanding*

LK: Oh, okay. This is me basically. *digs around in pocket for photo and hands it to me*

*puts up photo*

SW: Deezam! I should have written a dictionary with you in it by now.

LK: *beams* Don't know why its so hard ... I mean difficult to write Sage. I'm a likable guy. I'm easy.

SW: *pouts* No, really you're not. Why won't you talk to me? I need ideas. Wait...*looks around* Where did Pride go? See, this is what I mean. You guys come and go, leaving me stranded!

PM: Calm down, Sage. Easy. I just went to get this. *hands me his picture* I don't get the whole purpose of this thread, but okay. Its your ball game.

SW: Grins. Thanks you guys. For once you're co-operating.

*posts picture*


SW: *eyes bug out* Good grief, Charlie Brown. How old are you guys?"

LK: *blushes, but then sticks his chin out* I"m nineteen.

PM: Twenty-five.

SW: Why so young?

LK: Shrugs. Twenty five is the age of Pride's Mate Run. *scratches head* Urm... you made us this age, Sage.

SW: Oh, yeah, well you guys pretty much told me what to do. I'm not driving this particular car. You guys are. Are you going to stick around from here on out?

LK: Yes. I want to see what happens too.

PM: Yes. I ran into Kehoe from another one of your WIPS and he says his ass is going to sleep from sitting on the sidelines.

SW: Kehoe said that? Uh oh. Kehoe's a werewolf.

PM: That explains why his hackles rose when confronted with another Alpha.

SW: So you're the Alpha!

PM: *grins and shoots me a knee-to-pudding sultry look* You doubt me, Sage?

SW: Nuh uh.

LK: Save some for later pretty boy.

SW: Oh, he's jealous. *looks on wide eyed*

PM: *Struts toward Levi and stops mere inches from the smaller man. He tilts Levi's head up and looks him in the eyes* No need to worry cub, I'm not through with you yet.

LK: *visibily shivers*

SW *clears throat* Um... so, we seem to be getting somewhere now, right?

PM: *Winks at me* Oh, yeah. We're getting somewhere.

SW: Okay! Okay! Break it up! Break...it... up! No teasing the audience until the excerpts.

PM: *Shrugs, and takes a step back from Levi* Its your show, Sage.

SW: Um... thank you... I think. Now, about those demons...



Well those are my boys. Pride is a bit...well prideful. He's got a big ego and needs to be smacked in the head a few times before he grounds himself. But smack I shall. Never you fear. Levi is more laid back, but he's definitely no push-over. Unless he wants it of course, and trust me Pride makes him want it really,really bad. I'm signing off now, boys and girls. Time to bring the steam. Anyone got any dark chocolate?

No comments: